Wednesday, October 28, 2009

And she came with a dramatic entrance...

I wanted to take the time and record all the details of our little girl's birth so we will be able to share it with her later on. After three doctor's appointments with no change from 1cm and 70% effaced, we had prepared ourselves for a long wait for Anna to make an appearance. We did have an ultrasound on Wednesday, October 14 to make sure she was still head down and for a weight estimate. The estimate came to 8lbs 6oz with still a week and a half until my due date! Yikes!!!

That Saturday night, John and I went to meet up with my sister who was in town with all of her friends. They rented a house in Goodlettsville and we were going to babysit my niece and nephew and one other 9 month old, Gib. We arrived and hung around as the group gathered for a night down at the honky-tonks. About 5 minutes before they left, I suggested I take a picture of all of them. I stood up, took about 10 steps and thought to myself, "Oh my gosh, I am peeing on myself"...and then I realized...Nope, my water broke! I grabbed my sisters arm and exclaimed out loud, " water just broke!!!!". So gush after gush comes, someone hands me a towel and I just sit and process what is about to happen. John, a little white faced, comes over to me and calls the doctor who says...head to the hospital!

We run home, pack the bag and head to the hospital. We check in around 8:30pm where they process my paperwork and check for any changes. And nope, no change, still at 1cm. They move us down to our Labor & Delivery suite (around 9:00pm) and start the IV and pitocin to get the contractions going. At about midnight, I was about 2cm and had received the epidural after some very, very strong contractions. Soon, I was at 5-6cm and then 7cm within MINUTES! One hour later, I was at 10 cm and ready to go! After only about 45 min of pushing, our little girl arrived absolutely perfect. She arrived at 6:36am, 7lbs, 15oz, 20 inches long!

No comments:

Post a Comment