Pages

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Word of the Year

In my previous post, I didn't really mention goals or "resolutions".  I typically don't do them...no need.  It's not that I don't think I won't complete them (because there is a chance I won't) or don't think they are worthwhile...i just like to focus on my life as a whole.  Not in year by year changes.

I have a word for the year...

Intentional.

I plan to live intentionally.  In everything I do.  Time with the kids?  Make it intentional.  Time at work? INTENTIONAL (aka...no facebook).  If I spend the time I have doing the things I should be doing at that moment, the stress of all the other stuff won't seep in and make me crazy.  I won't think about those emails and projects during my sweet time with the kids because I did all I could during my work time...and vice versa.

Living intentionally will hopefully be in all things.  My health?  Intentional.  I need to get back to my post half-marathon bod (not because I care about what size clothes I wear, I care how I FEEL about myself).  My faith?  Intentional.  Find a women's group.  I haven't done this because honestly, I miss my girls from WECC in Nashville.  I bore my heart and soul, we spent many years creating these bonds and I just haven't felt ready to jump back in again with another group.  But I miss those connections and that time discussing faith, family and life.

So there it is.  That's my word.

Here goes 2015.


No comments:

Post a Comment