Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

My heart breaks.

Yesterday my mom called me to tell me the news that our long time family friends daughter lost her husband yesterday in the line of duty. He was a recent West Point grad and deployed to Afghanistan two weeks ago. We were very lucky to be at their wedding just a mere 18 months ago at Rosemary Beach. My heart is absolutely breaking for her and their families. I honestly can not imagine losing John. He is my rock.

I wish I could reach through the distance between us and give her a hug to let her know I am praying for her constantly. I have to admit I am not a big prayer person, but certainly send up my thanks often for what I have here with John & Anna, but I am in constant "talks" since yesterday to help her heart heal and find peace.

We are still waiting to hear about funeral arrangements and hope to be able to attend and give support.
Here is a picture from their beautiful wedding:

No comments:

Post a Comment