Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

This Mom is learning.

Being a mom is a pretty amazing job.  You create (with your significant other) another life that basically rocks yours to the core.  You hope that you love and teach effectively and significantly enough to mold and shape their lives to a greater happiness.

Yes, sometimes we feed them McDonald's or too many movies in one week...but looking at the overall picture, we just might be getting it right.

This afternoon, Anna was calling my name from her book laden bed.  As I came into the room, she says, "Mom, you forgot to snuggle me".  Well, let me oblige little girl.  I snuggled under the covers as she then rubbed my head and says, "Happy Mother's Day, I love you so much.  You are my favorite big girl."  Yep.  I'm done.  Basically the holy grail of love right there.  (No, it isn't Mother's Day...but how awesome to want to associate a day all about Mom on any day of the year?!)

I am learning that although each kid needs hugs, kisses, love, discipline, time, attention....Boys and girls DO learn and need different things.  As Graham is getting older, I am learning how he loves and learns and it is definitely different than his sister.  Everyone says that each kid is different, and I absolutely agree, but then throw in a gender difference and you have another ballgame.  I can relate to Anna on a little girl, sparkly, girly level.  But that love of dirt, cars, and anything that moves?  It's new and it's awesome.  I read this article a friend posted on Pinterest and it was probably one of the better ones about Moms and Boys.  I suggest it.

So I'm off to paint fingernails on sister and then clean dirt and sand out of little man's.  It's a good life.  And although I may be doing all the reading and educating myself, make no mistake...my kids are the ones giving the lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment