Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Oh, hi! Remember me?


Can you hear it?  SILENCE....it is glorious.  I actually have 5 seconds by myself to sit and regurgitate weeks of our life.  Here goes.  Brace yourself.

(oh and I fixed the commenting problem...for those that were asking)

Graham will be 10 weeks on Monday and man, he is growing so fast.  You can see in the photo above the onesie pulling tight from his long torso...and that is a 3 month size.  We had his 2 month appointment this past Friday and he weighed in at 14lbs 3oz and 25 inches long...you guessed it, both in the greater than 97%.  It is almost 2 lbs more than Anna was at this point.  I think we are going to have a very tall kid on our hands! He was a trooper for the 5 shots and rotovirus liquid...I, on the other hand, teared up for him.  It just doesn't get easier when that little face scrunches up with surprise pain.

























What is this little guy up to?  Well, he rolled over about 5 times in a row from his belly to back (which I don't think Anna did until she was 4 months old), TONS of smiles and giggles, saying "ah-goo" and blowing spit bubbles.  He will normally give me a 5 hour stretch of sleep at night followed by another 3 hours after finishing his late night snack.  We are still working on our naps during the day, but we are getting about three decent naps. 

Anna is becoming increasingly aware of this little guy...and I think she likes him.  She is starting to call for him and say his name more often.  "Amm" is how it comes out.  How sweet is that?

As for our sweet girl...she is keeping us on our toes.  At 21 1/2 months old, she is going on 5.  She insists on walking up the steps and counting as we go, starting to say sentences (which I can pick out about one or two words out of), starting potty training (woo-hoo!), and truly showing us her personality.  She is pretty intense about certain things.  Books and movies.  When you read her a book, she is enveloped within each page.  She doesn't comment often or repeat the words, but instead listens to us as we read each page and studies silently the colors, shapes or animals.  We let her watch Kung Fu Panda about a month ago...and boy did that make an impression.  Everything is "Handa, handa!"!

First, ignore the mess. Second, can you see the pursed lips?  Deep in Little People concentration.

And with the good, comes that "terrible two's" period.  I know her frustrations are from not being able to tell me what she needs or not being able to do it herself. I have to remind myself of this as I sometimes lose MY patience. 

Anna will be starting a new school this Fall and going 5 days a week.  But only from 9-2:30 so I am becoming ok with this.  She loves being around other children and this way she gets the best of both worlds (as do I).  She can play and learn in the mornings and I can focus my attention on work and Graham, giving him the same start I was able to provide for Anna.  In the afternoons, we will rejoin and have good Mommy/kids time. 

So...this post is getting long but I have to end with this.  I got to skype with a very good friend (who will remain nameless) the other night.  She got to "meet" Graham and I got to learn some VERY exciting news.  Yep, I am going to be an "Aunt".  I am BEYOND excited.  Like, literally, still giddy from our conversation over 48 hours ago.  EEEeeeee!!!  [insert squeal here]

1 comment: