Pages

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

23 months. Dum, dum, dummmmm

So I am reliving the discussion with myself about changing my words from, "Oh, my son is x months old!" to "Oh!  I have a two year old!".  See Anna's 22 month post here.

How did this happen?!?  How is he almost 2???  I am so glad I have Leah and Sonia to commiserate on how fast our little ones our growing.  Barrett turns 2 on Saturday and Elena just 8 days before Graham.  Ladies, seriously, how has it been 2 years?!  Well, 23 months actually....

I don't think I actually have the words to express my love and joy in our little guy.  I can go on and on about how sweet he is when I pick him up from school....a loud, "MOMMA!!!" and then a giant hug with a pat on the back included.  Or how when I sing to him when I tuck him in at night he holds my hand up to his cheek and smiles at me.  Or how he reaches up and puts his little hand in mine when we are walking together.  But, let me save those for that 2 year post.

Running around at Seaside

Someone told me the other day how ridiculously smart this kid is, they even said smarter than Anna.  John and I both looked at one another and thought..."Oh no.., we are in T-R-O-U-B-L-E".  You can actually SEE the wheels turn in this guys head.  He is picking up two and three sentence blurbs, repeating everything, quick with the ipad, lethal with a crayon (just ask my walls), and can pretty much mimic any animal sound in the kingdom.

He moved into a big boy bed this month...and I think we are down to only getting out of bed about 15 times a night (all in the first 30 min, mind you).  No crying, not upset, just thinks it is a fun game to run downstairs...SURPRISE!  Enter in baby gate, stage left.

He can count to 15, anything after kind of sounds like mumbles or a football call.  1, 2....12, 13, 14, 15, blue, sifteen, elevendy....Makes me laugh every time.  Oh and growth?  Well, "spurt" might not actually describe it accurately.  How about him basically skipping over 2T?  Buddy dude is pushing out of a size 8 shoe and in 3T tops already.  SLOW DOWN please!

His soul is still sensitive, one thing he definitely gets from me.  He hates to see sister cry, which will often bring tears to his own eyes.  He is quick to give a reassuring pat or even a monster-big-hug.  These hugs start from WAAAAYY on the other side of the room, with a run and LEAP into my arms. Can you tell this guy has me wrapped around his finger?!

One of his all time favorite things, SWINGING!

Easter Egg hunt 2013, Two Rivers Park. 

This year is bringing great things for us and watching Graham add to that joy has been life changing. Little Man, you rock our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment