Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The new "norm"

I realize I have been not very diligent lately about writing in the blog. I plan to remedy this. Well, at least for today. Life never seems to slow down and I am learning that this is just our new "norm". So if you see me out one day and my hair is a little frizzed out, maybe I mis-buttoned my shirt or I might have a bit of food smudged on my jeans - don't worry, this is my norm.

Enjoying a quick swing in the park

We decided to enter Anna in the "Crawling up Stairs in Lightening Speed" races. And well, she won. Seriously, the second we look away, she has bee-lined it to the stairs and is halfway up with a little giggle and skip in her "step" as she speeds up the rest of the way. Honestly one of the cuter things in life. She isn't close to walking, in fact, doesn't have much interest. And this doesn't really bother me one bit! She will try when she is ready. Our physical therapist said as long as she is pulling up and cruising along things, then she is right where she needs to be. And she does! She is doing great at using her sign language for "more" and "all done".


John and I have decided that we are stopping her helmet therapy. We think 5 1/2 months is enough and we are more than pleased with the results! We are going in next week for our final measurements and farewell appointment. Now, if we can just get the insurance company to come through for us!

We had an amazing weekend in Auburn for the Clemson game. Anna's first trip to the loveliest village on the plains! It didn't hurt that we won the game in an awesome fashion. WAR EAGLE! Anna finally got to meet the Rainey's and we got to hang out with Matthew's in-laws, the Toneys. Kim and John Toney were so amazing and took care of Anna so John and I could go to the game!

She loves it already!

Her favorite thing to do with John...shoulder rides!

Ignore me, I am a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment