Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Who are you running from?!

I've gotten that question a few times since John and I have started our training for our first Half Marathon.  And to answer it?  Dude, no clue.  I still can't believe we run for distance and not time (like we started with with the Couch to 5k program).  We ran our first "real" (read no walking) 5k on Jan 1 and decided in March to sign up for this half after Anna and I cheered on Matt and his girlfriend Ruth at the Nashville Half/Full.  Basically we've run in years past but just for the past year have we actually made time and put in the effort.

We will run this half marathon in Savannah the day after John's birthday and honestly?  I am mentally ready, although maybe not physically.  We are ready for it to be here and for us to finally know all this training, pain, sweat and tears were worth it.

Who would EVER think that I (ME) would run 13.1 miles?  I surely didn't.  Now I say things like...

"Oh, I can't wait until our 10 mile run this weekend!"

or

"Hey!  Let's do a sprint triathalon next spring!"


What zombie has invaded my body?

Anywho...stayed tuned for the final 5 weeks of training and pray that my slowly declining knees hold out for just a little bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment